※ Nlite ※
If you don’t have Floppy Disk Drive specially on your notebook/laptop and your Windows XP setup is not detecting hard disk drives. You can still install Win Xp but you need to read the “Slipstreaming SATA driver into WinXp boot cd using nLite” so that your hard disk is recognized by the windows xp setup
1.nLite(download here), this will be used for slipstreaming(integrate) SATA drivers into WinXp setup.
2.Extracted SATA drivers(if you are using Intel chipset Intel 82801GR/GH, 631xESB/632xESB, 82801GHM, ICH8R/ICH9R, 82801HEM SATA RAID Controller, get the drivers from your manufacturer website or let me know your system model no)
Step By Step Guide
01. Copy the contents of your Windows XP CD to a new folder and name it “WinXp”.
02. Download the intel SATA drivers.The correct file name is something like “Floppy Configuration Utility”.
03. If you have downloaded already extracted drivers than skip to Step 10.
04. Extract the downloaded SATA driver file. You will get green icon “f6flpy32″.
05. Extract the green file “f6flpy32″ again and you will get this time a file with .IMA extension
06. Now you need to browse the folder “f6flpy32″ using WinImage (download here) and select the .IMA extension file.
07. You will see all the SATA driver files. Extract them to any folder(I name it “SATA driver” on my desktop) by selecting all of the files and choose “Extract”.
08. Select “Extract all files into the same folder”.
09. If you open up the “SATA driver” folder it will look like this.
10. Now run nLite->choose “Next”.
11. Now, locate the Windows folder(for me, it’s “WinXp”).
12. Next again and you will come to “Presets”. Ignore this by choosing “Next” again.
13. In “Task Selection”, choose “Drivers” and “Bootable ISO” by high-lighting them.
14. Select “Insert”->”Single driver”.
15. Browse to the SATA driver folder(the one you extracted using WinImage) and select either one of the .INF file, I choose “iaahci.inf”.
16. A screen like below will pop-up, make sure it’s “Textmode driver” and select all of them by holding CTRL+A key and choose “OK”.
17. Choose “Next” and you will be prompted.
18. Choose “Yes” to start the process.
19. Let it finish and choose “Next”.
20. Finally, you can create your project as ISO image or burn it directly to CD-R under “Mode”. I choose “Direct Burn”. You can put anything for “Label” but not too long. Choose “Burn” and you will be prompted again.
21. Choose “Yes” to burn it to CD-R. Wait for it to finish and choose “Next”
22. Choose “Finish” to exit nLite.
23. Now boot your computer using the cd you just burned using nLite.
※ Install Win XP※